COMMUNIQUE BY ORTOM SUPPORTERS
11th May, 2018
At the end of a meeting of leaders of Associations, Non Governmental Organizations, Groups, and Individuals drawn from across Benue State who support Governor Samuel Ortom’s leadership, held at the Smile View Hotel in Makurdi, on Friday, 11th May, 2018, it was noted as follows:
A. The All Progressives Congress, APC, National Executive Committee, NEC, ordered elective congresses across the nation.
However, at the North Central Congress the leadership of decided that the former party executives should remain. Consequently, the old structure should be retained at all levels.
B. The delegates received a message from the Governor that all APC members should remain calm and united.
C. In view of the above the delegates resolved as follows:
1. That they reaffirmed their confidence in Governor Ortom’s leadership qualities particularly his putting his life and political future at risk for the people and expressed support for his re-election in 2019.
2. Expressed support for his position on the Ranching Law and noted his vindication at various levels.
3. Pledged to stand by Governor Ortom come rain, come sunshine.
4. Noted that Governor Ortom is tackling security and economic challenges which are not his creation with utmost commitment, transparency, justice and fairness.
5. That all the over 250 delegates would mobilize grassroots support for Governor Ortom throughout the state.
FOR ZONE A
Rt Hon Emmanuel Udende,
Member, House of Representatives,
Professor Nancy Agbe,
Former Vice Chancellor,
University of Mkar
Mr Godwin Donko,
Former Makurdi local Government Chairman.
Professor Akase Sorkaa,
Former Vice Chancellor, Benue State University.
Rt Hon Saleh Hassan,
Hon Sam Ode,
Former Minister of State, Niger Delta Affairs.