FIGHTING CORRUPTION THE BUHARI AND APC WAY: A DIARY OF DOUBLE STANDARDS!
If you say Buhari is fighting corruption, I won’t argue with you. I only need to remind you of these cases in case you have forgotten.
- A Presidential Committee on Audit of Defence Equipment Procurement from 2007 to 2015 discovered that about N2bn in Withholding Tax was not remitted. Curiously, the names of Gens. Ihejirika and Minimah were mentioned but that of present minister of Interior, Gen. Dambazzau, was omitted. Dambazzau was COAS between 2008-10. More curiously, the name of current COAS, Gen. Buratai, was omitted. And you know what? He was Director or Procurement, Defence Headquarters, during the period under review! Buratai was to later buy houses in Dubai worth ONE POINT FIVE MILLION DOLLARS! Lai Mohammed said he bought the houses from his snake farming savings.
This is what Femi Falana, SAN, said then:
“How an army general managed to save $1.5m has not been disclosed to Nigerians. Since the general was in charge of procurement for the Nigerian Army at the material time, the cock and bull story of the military high command is not acceptable.”
- Babachir Lawal, former SGF, awarded a N223m consultancy contract for the removal of invasive plant species in Komadugu, Yobe Water Channels to his OWN company. He also awarded other contracts valued at N2.1b to himself. He was removed after much public outcry BUT HE IS CURRENTLY THE BACKGROUND ENGINE ROOM OF BUHARI RE-ELECTION CAMPAIGN!
- Justice George Omeregi-led Rivers State Judicial Commission of Inquiry set up to investigate the sale of state assets indicted Rotimi Amaechi for inability to remit N97b being proceeds of the sales. Another $150m being gains of Rivers State from oil proceeds were DIRECTLY taken by Amaechi and pumped into Buhari campaign in 2015. Amaechi went to court, even up to Appeal Court, to quash the indictment by the Panel. He lost. But EFCC NEVER INVITED HIM HIM EVEN FOR QUESTIONING. EVEN ONCE!
Prof. Usman Yusuf of the National Health Insurance Scheme, NHIS, was indicted for being unable to account for almost a billion naira. A panel set up by the supervising Minister and approved by the Vice-president, found him guilty and he was suspended. But rather than go, he started insulting the Minister of Health, Adewole.
All these happened when Buhari was out of the country. But when he came back, a letter from the President reinstated him. In the letter, with reference number, ‘SH/COS/10/6/A/29’, signed by Abba Kyari, reinstated Yusuf with the advice that he had been “admonished to work harmoniously with the minister.”
TODAY, EFCC IS NOT EVEN TALKING OF HIS CASE AGAIN!
- Informed sources said Kemi Adeosun may receive SPECIAL PRESIDENTIAL PARDON over her NYSC Exemption certificate scandal because they have found out the case against her is watertight. But you know what? You only get Presidential Pardon AFTER you might have been CONVICTED!
- Since Akpabio decamped, EFCC is not harassing him again over N100b he stole from Akwa Ibom State. You who they are harassing? His then Commissioner for Finance who refused to decamp to APC.